What You'll Learn
We Been Drankin'
Foam Heavy Water & Michter’s Toasted Barrel Rye
Tristan Snell is a prominent figure with a dynamic professional history marked by tenacity and a pursuit of justice. He launched his career with a significant case at the New York Attorney General’s office, famously spearheading the investigation and prosecution against Trump University. This led to a $25 million settlement, setting a precedent for legal victories against Trump enterprises. Alongside his impactful legal work, Snell ventured into the entrepreneurial world with his startup, Snakt, attempting to revolutionize social video platforms, embodying the foresight of what TikTok would later achieve. Today, he remains an influential voice in politics and law, using his extensive knowledge and experience to shape discussions on current political narratives.
In this riveting episode of “Story in a Bottle,” host Dan Maccarone engages with Tristan Snell, whose stories traverse the realms of law, technology, and politics. The episode journey begins with a hearty cheers, transitioning swiftly into a deep dive into Snell’s career-defining moments, including his renowned legal battle with Trump University and his foray into the startup ecosystem.
Throughout the episode, Snell chronicles the formidable challenges he faced in taking down Trump’s fraudulent university—an endeavor that rooted his approach toward politics and legal battles today. Moreover, Snell recounts the exhilarating yet tumultuous journey of his video-platform startup, which upended his legal trajectory but catapulted him into the digital realm. Captivating listeners, he paints a vivid portrait of his experiences, particularly emphasizing his transition from high-stakes legal cases to the high-velocity tech startup environment.
- Tristan Snell played a pivotal role in the investigation and lawsuit against Trump University, leading to significant legal repercussions for the institution.
- His startup, Snakt, aimed to pioneer the social video space and came close to acquisitions by big names like Twitter.
- The COVID-19 pandemic played a critical role in determining the future of Snakt, with funding and operations coming to a standstill.
- His book Taking Down Trump outlines 12 key ways to prosecute and beat Trump
- Despite the optics of a traditional legal career, Snell’s pursuit of a startup dream illustrates a non-linear path filled with learning, risk-taking, and a balance between professional endeavors and passion projects.
- “The thought that I had was, what can we learn from my experiences, as well as my analysis of a lot of these other cases to come up with kind of the playbook for how to beat Trump?”
- “People just don’t want to go up against that hate machine. They don’t want to get attacked.”
- “I’m going to do it for like seven months. It was basically, how well can I do by the end of the year?”
Join us for a fascinating deep dive into the mind and stories of Tristan Snell by listening to the full episode. With topics ranging from unparalleled legal battles to the thrills of startup life and a strong political stance, this conversation offers insights and lessons applicable well beyond their fields. Stay tuned for more enriching content in upcoming episodes of “Story in a Bottle.”