“There are no shortcuts to enlightenment.” That quote by Mike Rothman sums up his approach to the impressive career and life that he has lead thus far. In this episode, Mike, the co-founder of Fatherly, a new parenting product that takes a unique approach to content and commerce, talks about the entrepreneurial spirit drives him.
Episode highlights include:
- The story behind the origins of Thrillist.
- Why email is “the cockroach of the internet” and why it’s currently one of the most important communication tools for brands.
- How a cross-country bike ride for charity can (or cannot) change your life.
- What you can learn from being Conan O’Brien’s writing intern.
- Why his biggest lesson learned to date is: “Focus, focus, focus. Especially early on… as great as you are, you can only do one thing well at a time.
Over Blanton’s Bourbon was provided by Alphabet City Wine Company.